The Lutheran Confessions, as published in the Book of Concord (1580), consist of:
- The Augsburg Confession (1530)
- The Apology of the Augsburg Confession (1531)
- The Smalcald Articles (1538)
- Luther's Small Catechism (1529)
- Luther's Large Catechism (1529)
- The Formula of Concord (1577)
Confessional Lutherans subscribe to these sixteenth-century apologetical writings because they are a correct exposition of the pure doctrine of the Word of God. For more information on the relationship between confessional subscription and the doctrine of sola scriptura ("Scripture alone"), visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The following excepts from the Lutheran Confessions pertain especially to the Mission and Vision of The Hausvater Project.