Called to Defend
Video Archive from: Called to Defend (Aug. 7, 2021)
Session 1: Knowing Your Place within God’s Three Fortresses
Rev. Dr. Adam Koontz, Concordia Theological Seminary, Ft. Wayne, Ind.
Co-host of the weekly podcast A Brief History of Power
- God established the family, the church, and civil society.
- He ordained them as three fortresses for protecting us.
- What happens when one of them infringes upon the rights of the others?
Session 2: Discovering How the Church Has Resisted Tyranny
Dr. Ryan MacPherson, Bethany Lutheran College, Mankato, Minn.
Author of “4 Levels of Injustice: Knowing When to Suffer Patiently and When to Resist”
- Does Romans 13 demand passive obedience to all government dictates?
- Does Christian freedom permit chaotic rebellion against government?
- Learn how the Church has responded to tyranny by Nazism and by Soviet and Chinese Communism, and how we can apply those lessons to today’s issues.
Session 3: Standing against Unlawful Civil Authority Today
D. Colton Boyles, Esq., Boyles Law, PLLC, Sandpoint, Ida.
Idaho Counsel for AFLD and Candidate for Idaho Attorney General
[video link forthcoming]
- Our state and federal constitutions are the Romans 13 authority God established.
- When elected or appointed officials violate your rights, they violated God’s order.
- Citizens have legal means available to assert their rights.
- Lower officials have a conscientious duty to interpose against tyranny.
- Learn about real-life examples from recent local and national events.
TAGS: Marriage, Male and Female
Click for a Printer-Friendly Copy